- Introductory meeting
- Meet with the builder and designer
- Walk through a completed home to see our quality
- Learn about the building process
- Call and visit our references
- Choose build site location
- Ballpark pricing discussion
- Home design discussion – give us your must haves including amount of bedrooms and baths, wish list, existing furniture dimensions you want to incorporate, and any pictures you have that you would like to work into the design of your new home.
- Professional service agreement signed
- Site Survey Completed (topo., trees, set backs & lot corners staked)
- Preliminary house plans completed (floor plan, front elevation, site plan)
- Preliminary pricing completed
- Meet with builder and designer to review preliminary plans and pricing
- Take preliminary plans and pricing home to review thoroughly.
- Meet with builder and designer and go over any changes and questions you have about the plan and pricing.
- Designer makes changes to the plans and completes all drawings
- Builder to update pricing
- Builder to write specifications detailing every component of the project
- Builder to write building contracts
- Final full complete set of plans presented to client for final approval
- Final contracts, pricing and specifications presented to clients for final approval
- Final payment for plans is due
- Building contract signed (3% of contract price taken as a deposit).
- Owner to take plans, pricing, signed contract, and specifications to your bank for loan approval.
- Builder will submit plans for engineering (foundation, structural, and septic).
- Builder will submit plans for any permits needed (city, HOA and septic).
- Builder will give a list detailing all decisions that need to be made. This list will also include our supplier recommendations for allowance items, contact information for suppliers, if you need an appointment and your allowance that is listed in the specifications.
- Construction loan closed
- Site prepared
- Temporary utilities installed
- On site foundation staked out
- Home construction
- construction will be overseen daily ensuring all work is done to the specifications
- Project Completion
- Builder and owners to walk the completed home for any punch list items before closing. Items to be completed before closing.
- Pre closing homeowner orientation walk through conducted.
- Pre close completed punch list sign off meeting with homeowners.
- Close escrow at title company – Keys given to homeowners.
- Live in the home for 30-60 days and compile a list of any items that might have been missed and need attention.
- Builder to address the 30-60 day punch list.
- Live in the home under a year and compile a list of any items that might have been missed and need attention.
- Builder to address the 1 year punch list.